Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, September 20, 2010

Deployment

Aaron left early August for his 6 month deployment. We have been able to skype often (thank heaven for skype!).  He is doing well and going to be training alot of other military on medical things.  He's keeping busy that's for sure. Aaron is most definitely missed by all his friends and family here on Guam!  Distance makes the heart grow fonder and I'm really getting to learn what being a military spouse means. But hey, it's gonna make me stronger and make us both stronger in our marriage. It's not the easiest thing, but there are worse things to endure.  He's keeping busy and I've got plenty to keep my busy too. We have some wonderful friends and neighbors who I know I can count on. Even better, we are lucky enough to have Aaron's family stationed on Guam too. I know I can turn to them on a moment's notice if I needed it.  We have plenty of loved ones to keep me company and await Aaron's arrival home.  That's all that's new for the Christensen household. We can't wait for Aaron to get home! And we can't wait to get our little family started!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

We will keep him in our thoughts and prayers for a safe deployment. Ryan is getting deployed in Jan. You are one strong lady. Now I noticed that you said we can't wait to start our little family...details please! :D

Shannon said...

Wow. girl! Deployments are never, ever fun. Is this his first? Second? Glad y'all got to go on some vacations before hand... also glad you have a support group. Absence does make the heart grow fonder! (But it still stinks.)

Amy Daniels said...

Deployments are really hard. But it sounds like you have a good attitude and family and friends to keep you company. Good luck with everything!

Julianne said...

Hi Britney! I've been having lots of fun looking through your blog this afternoon. You and Aaron are so sweet! Hope you're doing well, Aaron will be home before you know it!