Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, February 8, 2010

Your Newest Scuba Diver!



Here we are descending to about 50 feet
I'm being very cautious...since i'm a scaredy cat
(L-R: Aaron, Me, Instructor)


 Still descending, Jackie, my instructor, gives me the "YOU O.K.?"  signal
I signaled back "I'm O.K."


GROUP PIC
My Scuba Class...I'm on the far right


One of the things I got to see on my first underwater trek

To put into words the feelings I had this past week... tension, anxiety, nervousness, stomach aches,  accomplishment,  pure awe,  excitement... there's so much bundled into this entire adventure.  We started off in the classroom to go over things we learned through bookwork & DVD. We hit the pool to practice our skills learned (i froze that night!!) and then 2 days of open water diving, again practicing just a few of the skills we learned in confined water. There were times I was so scared and wanted to quit.  I was on the verge of tears at one point, because I couldn't calm myself down. (I didn't cry..I pulled it together!).
It's such a unique feeling to breathe underwater and absolutely incredible to be among the beautiful sea life!! I really couldn't believe I was there...hundreds of fish swimming above me...around me...underneath me...it was exhilarating! Aaron was able to accompany us on the open water dives, which brought peace of mind to me. I am really happy we were able to experience my first dives together. I am so proud of myself for accomplishing this new thing I wanted to try! All of the nerves was worth seeing the most beautiful sea animals and plants on the planet. I can't believe I actually did it!
(just a side note-we also were able to see a huge pod of spinner dolphins while on the boat we used to scuba off...very very cool! there was even a baby dolphin! so cute)

6 comments:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

holy cow! what an incredible accomplishment! I think I would be afraid... very afraid to be in open water like that! You are so dang awesome! go britney!

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

ps..... we miss you! (as always!)

Nielsen Family said...

Yay Britney! We're so proud of you! How awesome that Aaron could be with you through all that! Woo-hoo!

Shannon said...

So cool!! I know that had to be scary, but so cool!

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

hey! we actually went and saw the lights this last year... it was an incredible experience! so much work goes into that! they were beautiful! the kids loved it! .... we also went to burmingham last week and thought of you while we were driving in alabama! (post to come soon) miss you guys! hope your enjoying that water!

Unknown said...

YAY!! That's SO freakin awesome!! I'm SO excited for you!! There's absolutely no way I could do that!! You are brave!