Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, November 2, 2009

Talisay Branch

I have never seen a church building like ours before. So I wanted to post pictures because I love how unique it is. We have 3 branches on the island and our building is the only one built this way.  The picture below is our chapel (attached directly behind is the gymnasium). I love hearing the rain on the tin roof during sacrament. (It rains often on Guam)



The next two  pictures are of the baptismal font.



Yup, it is outside. I think it's pretty cool.



I know this isn't a very good picture, but it's of the classrooms. Everything is outside connect by breezeways.



Here is another picture of the front of the building.  If you can't tell this is directly off the side of the chapel, more classrooms & offices.



Notice the beautiful sunset sky in the background?  There is always a breathtaking sunset on Guam. It is my favorite part of the day. Usually, great big fluffy clouds are in the sky, shades of pinks, blues, oranges & yellows dazzle around. I will try to capture a picture of what I'm trying to describe, but it's obvious I'm no professional photographer. It's absolutely amazing though, take my word for it.


4 comments:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

What a cool building! Can't wait to see pics of the sunset.. if you want to email me a coupld I can try to enhance them with my photo-editing program.. then send it back to you so you can put it on your blog... ameras don't always capture the picture of a sunset the right way. love ya!

Arleen Froemming said...

I didn't even know you guys were out of country. Three years huh? Wow! I hope you guys are doing great. Front the look of things and all your posts it looks like it is.. I was just thinking about you guys, and glad to see how fun things are going. Have fun in Guam!!!

Shannon said...

Oh sweet! Love how cultures are different but still we find common ground. Hope all is well.

Oh, the Halloween post, that looked like it was a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

How awesome is that?? Seriously, I am so jealous! What beautiful surroundings you have!