Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Thanks Gran & Mom!

I don't have many Christmas decorations. I have this little 4 ft. tree & a few ornaments. We've lived in apartments and didn't have the room for anything bigger. I really wanted to decorate alot this year to make our first Christmas in Guam feel like home. However, I didn't have a few hundred dollars lying around to purchase a new tree & go all out with decor. So I decided this will do for now and after Christmas I will buy things when they go on sale (or whatever's left at the base exchange).  I made our little tree as beautiful as I could. I was happily content with our small quaint Christmas.



Then one day I received a rather large package in the mail.  Confused and excited I opened it  to find a surprise that made me tear up a little. I had a conversation with my mother a few weeks prior about Christmas and what I planned to do.  My grandmother and her decided to go in together and purchase a Christmas tree for us.  This meant so much to me! I love surprises and this one is definetly at the top of one of the best.  When I called to thank them for their generous and thoughtful gift they asked me not tell Aaron while he's away. Their hopes were for me to decorate  & let him enjoy the surprise  too. I can't wait for him to come home tonight and see what my family has done for us. I know he's going to love it too. I love them so much for this. It's really going to make our Christmas a little merrier. Thanks Gran & Mom!



(oh yeah, the side without ornaments is facing the wall...I still didn't have enough to cover the whole thing!ha!)

1 comments:

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

what a great way to have the christmas spirit brought into your home! So fun! And so beautifully decorated! Merry Christmas Ya'll! We love you guys!