Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Yummy Soup!

Sunday I made Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup. It was perfect for after church. I have some mental block against soup during hot summer months, but this was WONDERFUL! You can cook it on the stove in about 15 min., but I prefer in the slow cooker (low for 6hrs).

1- 2 to 2 1/4 lb purchased roasted chicken
2- 14 oz cans chicken broth with roasted garlic
1- 15 oz can chopped tomatoes and green chile peppers, undrained
1- 11 oz can whole kernel corn with sweet peppers, undrained
1- small fresh jalopeno chile pepper, seeded
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
1 tbsp lime juice
*I added a can of black beans to give it some extra flavor (drain the beans)

-Remove skin from chicken, Remove chicken from bone. Shred/Dice chicken up to 2 cups (or you can use all the meat)
-In large saucepan, combine broth, undrained tomatoes, corn, jalopeno, & cumin. Bring to boil, reduce heat. Simmer covered for 10 min. Stir in chicken, cilantro, & lime juice. Heat Through. Makes 6 servings
-For slowcooker, I just through everything in there & cooked it!

Crunch up tortilla chips & serve!

I hope whoever reads this will enjoy the soup

1 comments:

Julianne said...

I love the new look of your blog! This soup sounds so yummy....I can't wait to make it!