Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, July 25, 2008

Youth Conference





Last week I went to Youth Conference, I still have no idea where we were, up past Richmond somewhere (all i know is it took 3 hrs to get there). I think our Youth had a lot of fun!! We had 1 one YW and about 5 Ym come-we were small, but i felt we got to know each other well. Unfortunately, I had not charged the battery to my camera, so I was able to snap all of 3 pictures! Anyways, our first adventure was tubing down the James River. It was just like the lazy river rides at water parks, except MUCH slower & more shallow. Outta nowhere your booty would get smacked into rocks! I never checked, but I think I prob had a couple of bruises. We then drove to our campsite & set up our tents...and when I say campsite I mean a big open field with no shade. So it got scorchin' hot, but nobody hung around during the day-we were off caving & mountain repelling! We as YW leaders decided to Opt out of the caving & spent the day repelling. That by far is the CRAZIEST thing I've done!! Walking backwards down the side of a mountain...my dare devil husband would be so proud! I was extremely nervous & scared...shakey, sweaty palms, heart racing, BUT i'm glad i did it. Bishop Williams, his son Michael, & Rachel (YW pres) were all talking me through it. Then my feet just started moving & before I knew it I was hangin' off the side of the Blue Ridge Mtns!
It was a great Youth Conference & great bonding experience for everyone. I'm still having a hard time thinking of myself as the leader, but I feel extremely blessed being around these guys & serving them. The 3 pictures are of the Salem Ward making a quick pit stop at Krispy Kreme before heading off to Camp & then pictures of the Moutain & ME!










1 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a ton of fun! But there is NO WAY you could get me to do that OR caving! Being in YW is SO fun huh?? I loved it!