Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Suggestions??




I bought this shelf to use over my couch. However, I came home & this shelf is too small for the scale of the wall the sofa is up against. Then I decided to mount it in our dining area. I don't know what to decorate with!!! I feel like I should have something on each side (where the additional wall space is) to anchor it, but I can't come up with anything I like. Plus, I don't know what to place/rest on top of the shelf either. So I'm asking you for your suggestions. What do you think will look really good?

Our apartment is sparsley decorated 1. Because it's an apt. & since it's not permanant I don't want to invest in alot of decor just yet (but wait, being a military spouse, anywhere i go isn't permanant....oh well) and 2. I'm kinda picky. I want to absolutely L-O-V-E something before I put it on my wall or out for everyone to see. I like original unique things. I also would like for our home to have a warm & cozy feeling. After all, "There's no place like home."

2 comments:

Mommom said...

What about a big word that represents what is depicted in two pictures on the side? Like "Love" or "Family" or "Bon Appetit" (it is the dining room!) or "Enjoy Life" (I know that's 2 words ;)

Unknown said...

What about sconces? You could put one on each side with a candle on it with ivy around the candle. That's what I am putting up in our dining room. Hope that helps! And don't worry..I am the same way...I have to absolutely LOVE it to put it up and that usually takes me forever to find something I love haha!