Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July

Every year the park down the street from us puts on a huge fireworks display for the community. Aaron & I didn't have much planned this year except walking over to the park to enjoy the celebration. We grabbed ourselves a couple of root beers from Sonic, layed out our blanket & waited for the night sky to light up! This show draws thousands of people from all around (the park was packed full!). I got chills when we all stood up and crossed our hearts as the national anthem began. My parents instilled in us kids to have great pride & great respect for our military. Now, it's a little different for me. Like so many of my friends here, the men we love serve this great nation. Alot of our husbands have been off to fight the war in Iraq or have deployed for long periods of time. There are alot of emotions that come with this knowledge that your spouse may have to leave, but humbling is the best word I can use to sum up my thoughts. Aaron served in Iraq before we met, I honestly don't know how I would deal with it if he had to leave today. I'm very proud of my husband and the person he is. I hold the utmost respect for the military. Here are a few pics of the night....



1 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so thankful for the military. Thanks to your husband and the many brave men and women like him, who are serving our country, we are free and safe. Having Ryan in the army now and more than likely having to go to Iraq next year, this 4th of July was a little different emotionally. I thank your husband and the brave men and women serving this country. My prayers are with you always! Love you girl!